Great Nova Scotian stories start here
Nova Scotia Travel Blog Guidelines
Everyone has his or her own reason to love Nova Scotia. For some, it's the surrounding ocean and the almost endless possibilities it brings to watch or enjoy it. Others prefer the beauty of its land, including fertile valleys, rugged hills and countless rivers and lakes. Then there are those who come for the people - their rich culture, famous hospitality and the simple pleasures that come through their dining and entertainment.
We know you have your own personal reason to love Nova Scotia - and we'd love to hear it!
The Nova Scotia Travel Blog is here to give everyone the opportunity to share his or her personal Nova Scotian experience. We're not looking for seasoned journalists; we're looking for people who are passionate about a particular aspect of Nova Scotia and who are able to share that passion in their own voice. If you're an outdoor adventurer, urban explorer, food and wine connoisseur, history buff or simply enthusiastic to share your love of Nova Scotia, we hope you'll consider joining our blogging community.
While we're open to a wide variety of topics, we're specifically looking for submissions on the following experiences:
- Seacoast (beaches, surfing, sailing)
- Outdoor (hiking, biking, camping)
- Culture (our unique traditions)
- Cuisine (including seafood and wine)
- Heritage (from our founding cultures to more recent immigrants)
- Urban (shopping, dining, attractions and events)
Whatever your topic and regardless of how focused or wide-ranging your blog, there are a number of things to keep in mind when it comes to its writing:
- Talk from your personal perspective
- Try to be objective, not sensational
- Tell people what made your experience special
- Keep each blog entry between 3-5 paragraphs in length
- Consider adding photos and/or videos if it will add to your blog
- Stay fresh - a good blog is updated every 2-4 weeks
To give you an idea of what we're looking for, check out the blogs by current bloggers.
If you have any questions, please contact us: NovaScotia@gov.ns.ca.
Let's get to know your Nova Scotia!